There were a few hits and misses this year. I wouldn’t go as far and say that it was unpleasant to watch, but I surely wasn’t blown away either. If you didn’t get to watch it, I wouldn’t say you missed much. And Although, I enjoyed certain performances, I definitely wouldn’t consider this year very notable. Here’s my version of the 2015 Billboard awards:
1. I might be a little biased by stating the following, since i’m a “Swiftie” and all, BUUTT.. Taylor swift killed it in every way possible ! Not only did she look stunning in that SS15 Balmain jumpsuit, she also racked up multiple awards (Top female artist, Top artist, billboard achievement) which she accepted graciously!
2. Also, the BBMAs was stage to the world premiere of her Music Video Bad Blood… and it was BAD ass. If you haven’t watched it yet, DO IT NOW.
3. I think I speak for everyone when I say Nick Jonas could get it. Any day.
4. Mariah Carey.. Sad to say, but i’m not so obsessed with you anymore. Definitely overstayed her welcome on stage. 😒
6.Why was Wiz barefoot ? Anyways, I dig it.
7. Hozier- I have no words other than Ayyyyymen.
Memorable performance- Only disappointed that it wasn’t longer.
8. I was more interested in the fireworks outside my window than Little Big Town. No girl crush there💤
9. Jennifer Lopez wore yet another sheer nude lining dress…
10. Anything featuring Pitbull is always entertaining lmao😂😂
11. Although I’m not a big fan of her work, Meghan Trainor won me over with her acceptance speech which was so touching, and genuine.
12. Chrissy Teigan wouldn’t be my first choice as co-host. I don’t know why but I found her annoying. She also did a terrible job at hosting. Anyone else feel like to was trying too hard? Nothing she was saying felt genuine or sincere. How did she get this gig- I don’t know.
13. Earth to Iggy!!!?👽 Not sure where Iggy was during her performance of Pretty Girls.. Surely not on the same Planet or level as Britney! The Queen stole the show! #wakeup
As usual, Nicki gave me LIFE.
15. Simple minds;
How could I ever forget about them after their performance tonight.
In honor of the breakfast club, The Simple Minds sang don’t you forget about me and I, too, sang along. Personally, my favorite performance.
16. Imagine dragons managed to put a smile on my face (as well as my❤️- corny, I know) when they performed stand by me as a tribute to a remarkable artist: The Late Ben E. King. RIP🌹
17. Kendall and Kylie got booed while introducing Kanye west..
and it was distasteful. 💔
18. Kanye West, Where art thou?
Not only Could I not hear Kanye (due to the mutes), I couldn’t see him either. 🔥